Friday, September 3, 2010

My Days as a Shut In

The new school year has started, and I am left to give every waking second to my daughter, the housework and my gestating baby boy.  I couldn't be happier!  I am an introvert at heart.  It seems that, without having to empathize with the problems of others, I don't really have anything to worry about.  The days just fly by.  I should feel... ashamed?... I guess most people would say that I should surround myself with people.  Don't get me wrong.  I have friends, but I don't interject myself into the lives of others.  I don't care if no one thinks about me during the day.  I know my husband thinks about me.  I know my daughter thinks about me... or what I can do for her, rather!  I am content with that.  When the time comes that I can be alone with my daughter and an unfolded pile of laundry, or a bowl full of potatoes that need peeling, I feel really zen.  I feel lucky to have such well defined goals.  I feel indulged with the idea that I don't have to conquer anything too complex.  I know that the time will come that I will need to battle a crisis, or cry for the persecuted of the world, but today I don't have to do that. 
For most of my life, I have been raised to believe that I should be more social.  I have never felt that way.  I know that probably no one will read this blog, but that doesn't change the fact that I am writing it.  I am probably just selfish, but I am okay with that too.  Who am I hurting? 
I went to Wal-Mart last night and had an hour, or so, to myself.  I pondered whether, or not, to buy some rust-colored Better Homes and Gardens throw pillows.  That was the extent of my evening.  I didn't buy them, by the way.  Pillows are another post, altogether!
I think I am finally happy with myself.  I am in love with my babies and my husband.  I love them and worry about them, and I know that they love me.  What else do I need. 
I know I sound way too happy.  I am not on drugs.  I will write plenty of "bitchy" posts.  I figured I would give my readers, and myself, a break.
Well... My little girl is begging for Cheetos.  Duty Calls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment